I love this time of year! Thanksgiving for my family includes the following:
- Mom and I cook her famous cornbread dressing.
- It's socially acceptable to start listening to Christmas music.
- We all corral at one house and feast upon casseroles and meats.
- And pies. Pecan, chocolate, coconut, pumpkin, ect.
- Most importantly, we give thanks to the one true God, who gave us life and every good & perfect thing.
Including this delicious pumpkin dip! It is just plain unAmerican to not eat something pumpkin flavored for Thanksgiving. This is a healthier, lighter way to get your pumpkin fix.
I made it for a baby shower recently, and my friend Robin (below) wouldn't stop talking about. You look at it and assume it's cream cheesy, heavy and rich. But it actually taste like a pumpkin cloud! It's light, airy and whippy. Not sure that's a word but you know exactly what I mean.
It goes perfectly with cinnamon graham crackers. Apple slices may be great too. Happy Thanksgiving!
pumpkin fluff dip
1 can pumpkin puree 1 16 oz tub lite cool whip 1 5 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice Cinnamon graham crackers or apple slices, for dipping
In a bowl, mix pumpkin, pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in cool whip and refrigerate for a couple hours. Sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top for prettiness! Serve with cinnamon graham crackers or apple slices.