This salad is pure and effortless. Steamed veggies and dried cranberries, tossed with a light honey vinaigrette. Nothing but whole, fresh ingredients. My body was thanking me for this nourishing goodness.
And the fun thing about quinoa salads is the versatility. I made another salad with sweet potatoes, apples and mandarin oranges. But my favorite is the dark chocolate banana quinoa.
detox quinoa salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional, for extra flavor)
- 1 cup steamed chopped carrots
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine water, quinoa and chicken bouillon to pot and bring to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, steamed veggies and dried cranberries.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk the olive oil, salt, pepper, honey & lemon juice until well combined. Drizzle over the salad and let it chill in the fridge. Or enjoy it hot!