Any breakfast that can double as a dessert is a winner. As a 23 year old girl, I feel it's necessary to indulge ever so often - to yield freely to a bowl of ooey-gooey chocolate love.
The best part: even with the excessive chocolate, this quinoa bowl is totally innocent. It is chock-full of nutritional worth. You start with quinoa and add a touch of agave nectar with your desired amount of dark chocolate chips.
You don't need as many chocolate chips as you might think. As soon as the quinoa finishes cooking, you add the chocolate and it instantly begins to melt. Then you stir and watch the two become one.
chocolate banana breakfast quinoa
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This breakfast quinoa is a rich, chocolatey, protein packed way to start your day!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar (you can substitute honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- chopped banana for topping
- Place the quinoa, water and salt in a medium-sized pot on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the temperature to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the agave nectar, vanilla and chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is mixed throughout (you can add more or less chocolate to your liking).
- Serve in individual bowls and top with bananas.
Have you ever eaten quinoa? What ways do you like it prepared? Click here for my savory quinoa recipe.