Shredded meat is the greatest. Every bite is juicy and coated with spicy flavor.
The serving possibilities are endless! I like to eat it in a bowl with avocado, but you could also serve them in tortillas with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole for a yummy taco. Spoon it over tortilla chips and melt some cheese on top for nachos. For a low carb meal, have it over lettuce and make it a taco salad - it's so juicy you won't even need dressing.
This is a 4-ingredient recipe you'll want to make on a weekly basis. It only requires a crock pot and hands with which to literally drop your ingredients in. Couldn't be easier! You don't even have to touch the raw chicken breasts. I promise you won't get tired of this meal.
crock pot salsa chicken
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups of your favorite salsa (I use 2 jars)
- 2 packages of taco seasoning (if you want to be extra healthy, make your own!)
- 4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Put all ingredients, except the black beans, in the crock pot and turn on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before you're ready to eat, add the black beans and let it meld.