I was reading the latest issue of Real Simple Magazine, and I fell in love with their idea of "super bowls." An ingenious mix of grains, veggies, and anything else in your pantry and fridge you want to feast on. A healthy meal when you don't have time to cook, or when you need to eat up any leftovers before they go bad. And might I add, a beautiful way to get your daily dose of veggies in!
You could replace the chickpeas with quinoa, brown rice or a different bean. You could also add avocado, celery, boiled eggs, cabbage, nuts, seeds, endless possibilities. It's a glorified salad.
veggie super bowl
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
A beautiful way to eat your veggies!
- 1 fresh carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded beets
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (or brown rice, quinoa, black beans)
- handful of edamame
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- handful of broccoli
- handful of cucumber, peeled and cut
- 1/4 cup hummus (or salad dressing)
- 2 cups lettuce
- Slice your veggies. Assemble the bowl. Put your lettuce on the bottom, and add the rest of your ingredients. Spoon a dollop of hummus on top and enjoy!