Confession: I was away from my blog for so long I had to reset my password :/
A few different reasons for my absence -
1: Dave Ramsey's FPU class wrecked me, in the best way possible. I'm learning the discipline of not buying everything I think I want right then and there. I decided to take a few months and spend that time saving money. I was on a spending freeze and I picked up a couple extra jobs. It was a good experience but it kept me busy!
2: Anytime I think about my blog, I get a little stressed feeling like I need to zero in on a purpose. Find my niche. I just don't know.
3: Sometimes I just want to cook dinner and eat it while it's hot. Staging my food can be a tedious process, a skill I've yet to master.
But I've missed blogging. So here I am. Niche-less. And I had to reheat my mac n cheese in the micro after taking pictures. I hope someone besides my mom reads this. But if not, it's still worth it :)
Also, let me tell you about my new fascination with fresh flowers. So much comfort they bring. I decided to have flowers in my apartment at all times. I'm at the baby-making age. My mother instincts are creeping in. But instead of babies, I'm raising these orchids, kalachoes, and roses. Take a look at these beauties.
Ok, enjoy this mac and cheese recipe! Totally quick and easy, and a great way to get some veggies in. I'll be back soon!
roasted veggie mac and cheese
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 box Annie's organic mac n cheese (or whatever kind you like)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- half onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Wash and chop all of your veggies into bite size pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the veggies out. Roast for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Prepare your mac n cheese per the instructions on the box. For mine, I brought 6 cups of water to a boil, added the pasta and cooked for 10 minutes. Drained. Add 2 tbsp butter and cheese packet.
- Once your mac n cheese is done, add the veggies. Stir in some red pepper flakes for a little spice.
- Pour it into a casserole dish. It would be nice to top with bread crumbs but I didn't have any. Bake it in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes.