Sometimes you just need to bake a chocolate ganache bundt cake. Nothing else will do.
This looks pretty extravagant, right? Like I slaved away all day, slinging flour and sugar about the kitchen, butter in my hair, eggs flying through the air.
Wrong. It involves devil's food cake mix and instant chocolate pudding mix. And the glaze involves 4 ingredients and a microwave. But stick "ganache" in the title, and you'll feel like a cordon bleu graduate!
chocolate ganache bundt cake
-- 1 (18.25 oz) package devil's food cake mix
-- 1 (5.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
-- 1 cup sour cream
-- 1 cup vegetable oil
-- 4 eggs
-- 1.5 cup warm water
-- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs & water. Stir in the chocolate chips & pour batter into a well-greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour & a half before inverting onto a plate.
satiny chocolate glaze
-- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
-- 3 tablespoons butter
-- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
-- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine chocolate chips, butter & corn syrup in a pyrex glass measuring cup, or other microwavable safe dish, and cook on high for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth and add vanilla.
2. Release your inner pastry-chef and drizzle glaze over the cake.
3. Call your girlfriends over immediately.